Head of China / China Chief Representative, AIMA
Published: 14 November 2023
Salary dependent on experience
Location: Hong Kong
Languages: Mandarin /English
AIMA is the global industry body for alternative investment managers with a specific focus on hedge funds and private credit managers. Headquartered in London, with offices internationally, we represent the industry to key stakeholders globally including policymakers and regulators, investors, the media and the public. We have over 2,000 corporate members across more than 60 countries and run more than 200 events annually for our members around the world.
AIMA has also established the Alternative Credit Council (ACC), which is an association within AIMA devoted to representing the private credit industry, with a view to securing sustainable development of the sector. The ACC currently represents over 250 members that manage over US$1 trillion of private credit assets globally.
AIMA is looking for a dynamic and experienced private funds practitioner to lead our activities and influence in mainland China and manage our relationships with Chinese members in both onshore and offshore jurisdictions. You will be an important link between our international operations and our growing Chinese membership base. Your ability to coordinate, facilitate, and network will be central to your success in this role.
You will be entrusted with the responsibility of coordinating a diverse network of committees and working groups. With your skills and dedication, you will facilitate our onshore education and advocacy activities, providing international content and connectivity to our local membership.
- Support co-heads of APAC in achieving our strategic goals in China and the APAC region
- Establish, work with and/or support AIMA’s various committees and working groups in China.
- Be the go-to person for our members in China. Respond to queries, share updates, foster engagement and solicit input
- Be proactive in membership liaison, acquisition and retention
- Assist global AIMA members seeking guidance on China-related issues.
- Contribute actively to a China-focused education programme for AIMA members globally
- Develop and coordinate a program of mainland education and networking events
- Assist with regional research projects and white papers
- Represent AIMA at local conferences.
- Work with colleagues regionally/globally on regulatory engagement
- Manage relationships with regulatory agencies and industry associations, (PBOC, CSRC, SAFE, AMAC) The National Administration of Financial Regulation (new body of China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission (CBIRC), IAMAC).
- We're looking for someone who is a self-starter, communicative, and detail-oriented. As an ideal candidate, you are someone who can manage a broad range of tasks while maintaining an organised approach. You should also be comfortable engaging with regulatory bodies and industry leaders.
How to apply
Please send your resume and a brief description of why you would be a good fit for this role to Michael Bugel, email [email protected]. Please note that applications will be accepted until 31 January 2024, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. AIMA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.