An Advisor's Essential Guide to Alternative Funds in Canada
Published: 07 June 2023
Updated as of July 21, 2023
AIMA is thrilled to share this updated Advisor's Essential Guide to Alternative Funds in Canada (AIMA Advisor Guide) showcasing key resources for wealth advisors and investors to learn about alternative investment funds and how to best evaluate them for portfolio investment.
This AIMA Advisor Guide features due diligence question highlights, 5-minute educational videos, an investor infographic, downside protection charts, continuing education advisor presentations, portfolio construction case studies and more.
Case studies in this edition includes:
- Integrating Alternative Funds in Asset Allocation - AGF Investments
- Diversify away from traditional fixed income risks with long/short credit - CI Global Asset Management
- Adding a 20% Allocation to a Long/Short Credit Strategy - RPIA
- The Resurgence of CTA Trend Following - Auspice Capital Advisors
- Options Selling Strategy to Generate Income - Ninepoint Partners
It also covers key regulatory differences between fund structures and and questions advisors can ask of their head office when considering allocations to hedge funds, private credit funds, alternative mutual funds and alternative ETFs.
This AIMA Advisor Guide has been published to support the continued education and growth of the alternative investment industry in Canada, especially as more advisors and investors consider allocations to these funds for diversification, risk reduction and non-correlated return benefits.
For more information on AIMA’s advisor resources, please contact:
Claire Van Wyk-Allan, CAIA
Managing Director, Head of Canada, AIMA